Thursday, November 22, 2012

"Debt-Proof Your Christmas," by Mary Hunt

"Debt-Proof Your Christmas," by Mary Hunt
Christmas--with no debt, less stress, and more joy!

Christmas may be the most wonderful time of the year, but it's also one of the most stressful--and most expensive. Expectations run high, and it's tempting to whip out the credit cards to create the perfect Christmas, with lavish meals, new decorations, and the latest, greatest gadgets and fashions for everyone on your gift list.

But you don't have to overspend or go into debt to have a fabulous holiday.

Financial expert Mary Hunt shows you how to assess your situation, commit to no new debt, and think creatively about gifts. With Mary's guidance, you'll discover what caused you to overspend in the past and how to approach this Christmas with a plan. It just might be the best gift you can give yourself and your family.

First let me say I have NOT read this entire book........YET, but I wanted to let you know how good this book is.  If you celebrate Christmas and even if you celebrate other holidays which involve celebrating and gift giving this book is for you.

Even if you think you are the most frugal you can be when it comes to holidays, you WILL learn something from this book.  I have already done one thing; chapter 14, page 183, Mary gave her adult son a calendar for the up coming year with all the family birthdays, anniversaries etc on it.  I have done the exact same thing for our two, and I even wrote the addresses of the people so there is no need to ask me for them.  The calendars were freebies, one from the oil company with Ontario photos on it for ds and dd got the 2013 Milk Calendar.  The only difference is I am not giving them for Christmas I am giving them as just because gifts.

Told ds about it, and he was whining as he said this makes him more accountable now........duh yes!!!  There are some many great chapters all with super ideas, including gifts in jars, gifts from the kitchen, also advise on finding the bargains.  Honestly too much to  describe here.

I normally give all the books I review to the library to donate.  I am keeping this one, as it's that good, and I know I will turn to it year after year for more advise.

Stars out of 5 : 10..........I know I can't give ten stars but it is worth while and if you haven't started your Christmas shopping, this is a great resource to help you along.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I have this in my 'to read' pile as well & can't wait! I love Mary Hunts books & was hoping it would be a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...