Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"Jennifer," by Dee Henderson

"Jennifer," by Dee Henderson
It's a summer of change for Jennifer O'Malley.

The busy physician has a pediatrics practice in Dallas, Texas, and meeting and falling in love with surgeon Tom Peterson is adding a rich layer to her life. She's sorting out how to introduce Tom to her family--she's the youngest of seven--and thinking about marriage.

She's falling in love with Jesus too, and knows God is good. But that faith is about to be tested, and in a way she didn't expect. The results will soon transform her entire family.


Inside the front cover of the book it says this:

In this "story behind the story," of Dee Henderson's popular O'Malley series, Dr. Jennifer O'Malley meets the man who will love her for a lifetime.........

I forgot about this as I was reading this book, which was a problem as this book would have made more sense, as it was I finished the book thinking, "well that was a weird book."  At the end there is an Author's note that says:

Jennifer's story continues throughout the O'Malley series and can be found in "The Negotiator," Book One.


So I need to read that book to continue to see what is going to happen to Jennifer and her friend Tom.  As it was this book ended in such a strange way it was disappointing.  It's not that I didn't like this book, I did; it's just that it left me feeling half empty if you know what I mean?  I can guarantee you will want/have to read The Negotiator after this book.

Stars out of 5 : 3.5  Overall I enjoy Dee's books, but this one was a bit strange to me.


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...