Saturday, June 8, 2013

"The Marriage Bargain," by Jennifer Probst

"The Marriage Bargain," by Jennifer Probst
A marriage in name only . . .

To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner Alexa Maria McKenzie casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend’s older brother—the powerful man who once shattered her heart.

Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn’t believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father’s corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers his sister’s childhood friend is in dire financial straits, he offers Alexa a bold proposition.

A marriage in name only with certain rules: Avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn’t be that hard to follow, right?

Except fate has a way of upsetting the best-laid plans . . .


This is the first in a series of books.  Will say you sort of know what's going to happen but it's still a fun book and it will keep you on your toes.  There is plenty of humour and the banter back and forward between the two lead characters.  It's a light read that won't tax your brain.  There is some steamy scenes but nothing too graphic.

Stars out of 5 : 3.5  One of those books which is a good one to pick up on a hot summer's day when you have nothing else to do.  I will look out for the next in the series at the library, as I'd like to know what's going to happen next.


(I purchased this book myself, and will be donating it to my local library)

1 comment:

  1. Seeing your post reminded me that I bought this as an ebook quite a while ago, and it's still waiting to be read! Think I'll add it to my summer reading list.

    Here's a link to my latest blog post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-18-and.html

    I'm a new follower and hope you'll follow back.

    Catherine @ Book Club Librarian
    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...