Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"The Promise," by Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley

"The Promise," by Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley
One home, two hearts, and the power of a promise kept . . .
For the last five months, Tom Anderson has been without a job, a fact he's been hiding from his wife Jean--and everyone else. He leaves each morning, pretending nothing has changed, and spends his disheartening day rotating through coffee shops and the library, using their wifi to search job listings online. The stress of keeping this secret is beginning to put serious strain on his marriage.

But Tom's not the only one hiding something. Jean Anderson has a secret of her own--one that will seriously complicate their situation. Will the promises they made on their wedding day hold firm?


This is the second book in The Restoration Series, and while I didn't love it, I didn't hate it either.  I felt as though it dragged in places.  It didn't help that I read this book in snippets rather than in long reading sessions.  However the story was easy enough to keep up with, which is a good thing.  For some reason I preferred the first book in the series over this one.

I could actually see what Tom did happening in real life; which is really sad.

Stars out of 5 : 3  I will read the next book in the series as it was an okay book to read.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

1 comment:

  1. Well I am glad this wasn't a great book, I wasn't offered this one - odd

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...