Friday, October 30, 2015

"Vendetta," by Lisa Harris

"Vendetta," by Lisa Harris

No one needs to push Nikki Boyd to excel on the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force. The case of her own missing sister, still unsolved after ten years, is the driving force in her work. When a Polaroid photo of a missing girl shows up at a crime scene, Nikki quickly recognizes similarities to the past. The closer she gets to the abductor, the more she feels this case has become personal, and she is not the hunter . . . but the hunted.

With this explosive first book in The Nikki Boyd Files, award-winning author Lisa Harris takes you on a fast-paced pursuit of justice that will have you holding your breath until the heart-stopping finish.


This is indeed a fast paced book and is filled with many questions of who-dun-it.  I was so in love with this book and enjoyed it right until the abductor says something.  I can't tell you what as it will spoil the story, but what he said cannot be true as that could not happen in "real life."  That spoiled it for me, however it may not spoil it for you as you may not think it is an issue; I did.

So due to that I will give it a 3 out of 5.  Please read it to see if you figure out what the error is.  I would love to discuss this with other people.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you so sound like me...when I read something that could not be so, it spoils a book for me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...