Thursday, August 10, 2017

"The Two Of Us," by Victoria Bylin

"The Two Of Us," by Victoria Bylin
After two broken engagements, Mia Robinson is done with dating. From now on, she's focusing on God and her goal to join an international aid organization as a nurse practitioner. But when her 18-year-old sister, Lucy, calls with an invitation to her Vegas wedding, it throws a wrench into Mia's plans.

Jake Tanner has recovered from the injuries he sustained as a police officer--on the outside. Inside, he's yet to heal from losing his partner in the tragedy, but finds some solace in keeping an eye on her young adult son, Sam, who's asked him to be best man at his wedding.

Mia expects a mess when she arrives to sort out the situation with Lucy, but she wasn't expecting Jake, who views the marriage a little differently. As Jake's and Mia's lives slowly become more intertwined, could his courage and her caring heart be enough to bring them a lifetime of healing?


This book was a very pleasant read, that kept me busy over a couple of afternoons.  I will say I had forgotten what the story was about, as I had read it a week prior to writing this review, so it didn't stick in my mind until I read the back cover again.

This is one of my "shopping list" books that I can read and think of other things while I am reading, as it's not overly taxing on the brain.

Stars out of 5 : 3  If you are looking for a book to read on the beach or by the fire, this is a great book for that.  Glad I read it.  Learned a couple of things about Alzheimer's which was a positive thing.  Also make sure you read the author's notes at the end of the book, very moving.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 

Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group
".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...