Wednesday, December 27, 2017

"A Dangerous Legacy," by Elizabeth Camden

"A Dangerous Legacy," by Elizabeth Camden

Telegraph operator Lucy Drake is a master of Morse code and has made herself a valuable asset to the Associated Press news agency. But the sudden arrival of Sir Colin Beckwith at rival British news agency Reuters puts her hard-earned livelihood at risk. Colin is talented, handsome, insufferably charming--and keeping a secret that jeopardizes his reputation.

Despite their rivalry, Lucy can't deny that Colin has the connections she needs to give her family an edge in the long legal battle they've been waging over their rightful inheritance. But when she negotiates an unlikely alliance with him, the web of treachery they dive into proves to be far more dangerous than they ever could have known.


I really enjoyed this book while I was reading it.  I enjoyed the differences between the American's and the British.  There was plenty of adventure and mystery to keep this book interesting.  I enjoyed how the author weaved into the story true historical facts and occasions.  

I would never have though of putting together plumbing and two different news agencies into a story.  Also now know more about sewers than I really want to know😊  Touching on the subjects of asylum's and tenement building of the early 1900's in New York added another dimension to the story.

Stars out of 5 : 4.5 Overall a good book and one that will keep you entertained.  I will admit I read this a couple of weeks before I wrote this review and just looking at the front cover of the book I had trouble remembering what it was all about, but when I read the back cover the story line all came back to me.  I would love to read the next book about Lucy's brother Nick, which will be published in 2018.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 

Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group
".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...